Friday, November 9, 2012

Chasing the Sun




Sweater: vintage. Leggings: Reserved. Boots: thrifted. Necklace: Target. Watch: my grandpa's.

Well, daylight savings time has gotten the best of us.  We made the mistake of waiting until after class to shoot this outfit, and we ended up chasing the sun up to the only lit area left on camps, the top of the tallest parking deck.  So, please pardon the extreme backlighting I've got going on today.  

You can't tell in these pictures, but these are liquid leggings.  Liquid leggings had a moment a few years back, and I remember greatly disliking them, but when they started to come around again as more of a "leather-look" kind of deal, they started to grow on me.  I'd been keeping my eyes peeled for a pair when I happened to stumble upon some while shopping in Krakow, Poland during my trip this summer.  My friend and shopping partner that day was 100% against me buying them, insisting that there was no way to wear them well.  I bought them anyway.  I made sure to point out to her that I was finally wearing them, and she told me that I had proved her wrong.  Liquid legging success.

2 comments:

  1. That sweater is wonderful and I love it paired with those great leggings and the tassel pendant necklace.

    ReplyDelete