Monday, July 30, 2012

Well Hey, Remember Me?

Wow, long time, no post, huh.  Well, in case anyone was worried, I was not kidnapped in Europe or anything crazy like that.  While I would like to have a totally valid reason for not posting in forever, I really don't.  However, I do have a couple excuses; one is kind of valid, and the other is frankly just kind of sad.  I'm about to throw a wordy post at you here, so please bear with me.

Last I posted, I was about halfway through my Central Europe trip, which was amazing, by the way.  (I promise I'll share some random photos and tidbits coming up soon).  Posting to the blog from Europe became more and more difficult as the trip went on for a few reasons: the first was the internet.  The more we moved around, the worse the internet in our hostels became.  At our final hostel in Berlin, it took forever just to load any internet page, so uploading pictures was not happening.  Secondly, without my trusty, ever-patient photographer with me, I was forced to ask a couple people I was traveling with to take my pictures, and it didn't take long for the novelty of it to wear off for them, and soon, I felt like a burden asking, or when I did, they would tell me they didn't feel like it.  (Sure made me thankful for my photographer, Amber, who is always ready and willing to snap pics of me!)  Lastly, despite packing enough to remix a unique outfit for every day I was abroad, I started to gravitate toward the same few comfy or easy combinations, so I wasn't really blog-worthy every day.

Ok, so I'm using problems during the Europe trip as my first, semi-valid excuse.  My second, kinda sad excuse is that the first half of my summer was so exciting that the second half is making up for it by being really, really uneventful.  Some days, I don't even get dressed.  Yeah, it's that kind of summer.  Most days, I go from pajamas, to running clothes, then back into clean pajamas for just lounging around the house.  Though I must admit, I am really enjoying the down time.

The past two weekends, I've been off visiting friends from school in their respective towns.  Two weekends ago, I went to the mountains to visit my roommate.  We did some intense hiking, which was a lot of fun.  Here's a picture from one of said hikes:

I'm wearing a typical summer 2012 outfit consisting of a Walmart tee and Adidas running shorts.

Anyway, I'm going to attempt to wrap this up a little now.  I've still got a few outfits from Europe and some others to share in the coming days, but since I don't have too much more blog fodder, I'm going to be posting 2 or 3 times a week until I get back to school and start actually getting dressed again.  Also, while I've been sitting around the house, I've been working on an extra little venture that will go hand and hand with the blog, and I'm super excited about it.  I'll post all about it when I get it fully up and running!

If you are still reading this post, and especially if you are back here still reading this blog after my prolonged absence, I would like to sincerely thank you; that really means a lot to me.  It sure feels great to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment