Thursday, January 26, 2012

Seeking Inspiration




Sweater: Belk (?). Jeans: Target. Boots: Walmart.

I was running a little late for class the other morning and found myself with the misfortune of being at an impasse with my closet.  I was seriously stumped on what to wear; nothing was inspiring me to get dressed.  There is not much else that is as frustrating as having a closet overflowing with clothes but nothing to wear.  In a final fit of desperation, I ended up pulling this sweater out from the very back of my closet.  I've had this thing for so long that I'm not even sure where I actually got it.  I haven't worn it in ages.

My little wardrobe standstill made me realize that it's about time to do a closet purge.  I have a lot of stuff that is taking up space that I just don't wear anymore, and it's making it harder to get dressed in the mornings.  I'll admit, I have a little bit of an attachment to my garments and struggle with getting rid of anything, "just in case" I might need it sometime in the future.  However, I'm also I realist, so I know that the probability of me needing one specific item of clothing that I already never wear is slim to none.  This sweater is probably going to be one of the first casualties of said purge (sorry, buddy, but your hey day was probably three or four years ago).

Also, I'm planning a major thrift outing for this weekend, so I'm gonna need some space for some fresh, new, inspiring pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment