Thursday, May 24, 2012

Guten Tag aus Deutschland!




Dress, belt, shoes: thrifted. Sunglasses: Walmart.

Greetings from Germany!  
My study abroad trip has begun and I still can't believe how amazing it is over here!  There is so much that is different, but at the same time, it's not been too hard to get used to.  I've been here for 5 days and I can't believe how much I've already seen and experienced.  It's been so interesting being immersed in a new culture and new surroundings. 

I may have fudged the title of the post a little as I'm no longer in Germany, but the pictures were taken there.  After 4 days staying in Munich, we've just moved on today to Vienna, Austria.  Both cities are beautiful.  We've also made stops in Nuremberg and Dachau, Germany, and Salzburg, Austria.  We'll be here in Vienna for the next 4 days.  

The pictures above were taken in front of this lovely building:
Take a look at the band of stone that's above my head and where it at the base to get a sense of the massive scale.  That is the Theatinerkirche St. Kajetan, a church in Munich that was built in the late 1600's.  On just about every street or square, there is a church that is older than the United States.  It's crazy and amazing!

2 comments: