Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Nautical-ish






Shirt: TJMaxx. Shorts: vintage (similar here). Shoes: Target. Sunglasses: Old Navy via thrift. Necklace, watch, bracelet: thrifted. Rings: H&M.

Well, it's Everybody, Everywear time again, and this month's theme is nautical.  It took trying to put together a nautical look to make me realize just how desperately my wardrobe is lacking in the essential navy blue and white Breton striped tee.  A few months ago, I got so frustrated with not being able to thrift one that I decided I would pay retail for the perfect specimen.  Unfortunately, I haven't found just the one I'm looking for anywhere.  I might just have to attempt to DIY one because I'm tired of waiting!

We thought the lake at our local park would be a good place for a nautical themed shoot, and while we were there, I got up close and personal with a family of geese who were having a little preening time.  I just couldn't resist getting some pictures of the goslings, despite the fact that Canadian geese aren't usually the friendliest.  I know, I'm such a risk taker.  Totally worth it, though; look at these cuties!


Natilcal: EBEW

8 comments:

  1. Awe, goslings at our school just hatched today and they are absolutely adorable. Love how you jazzed up a simple outfit with the jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School goslings, how exciting! We have geese on my campus, but no goslings this year. I'll just have to settle for visiting the ones in the park.

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit - especially that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Believe it or not, it was actually a belt that I found at the thrift store, but I thought it was much better served repurposed as a necklace.

      Delete
  3. I love your blog! You have adorable style and your nautical outfit is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest post! :D because of a) your amazing outfit and b) the super cute goslings!!

    Those rings are amazing, they look really expensive - can't believe they're only from H&M! I may have to invest in some :)

    x

    amplecurvature.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love H&M's accessories; these rings were only 6 bucks for the whole stack.

      Delete