Monday, March 26, 2012

Upcycled: Pleather Shorts

One of my favorite things about thrifting (besides the prices, of course) is finding pieces that are a little different or out there and 'upcycling' them into wearable pieces to fit in with my existing wardrobe.  I've had a bunch of upcycling projects on the back burner that I finally got around to working on over spring break the other week.

I started off with these high-waisted pleather pants, which I thrifted for $2.  I wasn't 100% sure what I intended to do with them at first, but I figured for 2 bucks, I might as well try something.  After playing with the idea of skinnying them, I decided that the high waist would work better with a shorter length.

Here they are before...

...and after.



Silk top: thrifted. Shorts: thrifted & upcycled. Shoes: Target. Necklace: Walmart. Sunglasses: H&M.

I've been obsessed with thrifting silk blouses lately, and this pistachio colored number is my latest addition.  I really like the way the toughness of the shorts is offset by the by pastel silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment