Monday, November 21, 2011

Sock Feet



Dress: TJMaxx. Blazer: Thrifted. Scarf: H&M. Shoes: Kohls. Sunglasses: Old Navy.

Today I tried something I've never done before: an unconventional shoe/sock pairing.  I've seen a lot of socks with more open style shoes around the blogosphere, and I've been really interested to try it.  I like the pairing for the indecisive weather we've been having; I can still work bare legs, but the socks make the outfit feel a little bit more like fall. 

This dress was an interesting find on the clearance rack at TJMaxx.  It was marked down to $3 due to a reasonable size tear down the side.  I figured for that price, I didn't really even need to like the dress, I could use the material to make something else for cheaper than I could buy fabric.  But I actually did like the dress, so after a quick stitch up the side on the sewing machine, it was good as new.  That is, until I discovered that the bodice was separating from the waistband in a way that was not a simple fix on the sewing machine, at which point I begged my mom to work her fixing magic.  Then it really was good as new.  Thanks, Mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment