Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Feeling 40's






Trench: vintage, via my mom. Dress (worn as top): Walmart. Skirt: thrifted. Shoes: Payless.

The final in my architectural studio is a formal presentation, which gives me a highly anticipated reason to get even dresser that I usually do for class, hence this little number. This outfit feels very 1940's retro to me, which I love.  I think it's the combination of the polka dots and the skirt length.  I usually like to wear skirts either at my knee or maxi length, so this skirt is a change for me, but I think the high waist of the skirt keeps my legs from looking too stumpy.

I also just have to talk about this trench coat.  This has seriously got to be one of the nicest items in my closet.  My mom gave it to me this past summer; it had just been sitting up in our attic.  She said she didn't wear it very much, so it looks brand new, but I love all the interesting details like the mandarin collar and the pleating up top that you don't really see on modern trenches.  It's things like this that make me happy that my mom has just the slightest hoarding habit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment