Monday, December 12, 2011

Jane of the (Urban) Jungle

Back in October, I expressed my love for costumes (times two), and over the weekend, I got to dress up in yet another for a movie character themed party.  I chose to be Jane Porter from my favorite Disney movie, Tarzan.

 Photo credits: 1, 2



Dress, belt: thrifted. Collared shirt: Walmart. Tights: Target. Boots: from my mom. Neck scarf: diy. Gloves: Dollar Store. 

When I first decided on this costume for the party, I was concerned about finding a dress that would pass for Jane's.  However, after about 10 minutes in the thrift store, I had this sunny little number in hand.  The thrift gods were really smiling on me that day.  Now I've just got the task of seeing if I can actually incorporate the dress into my everyday wardrobe.

Overall, the costume went over pretty well at the party.  Most people had to ask me who I was, but after I told them, they agreed I had done a good job.  Maybe they were lying to me and had no idea who Jane is, but I loved the costume, and that's all that counts, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment