Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections

What a year 2011 has been.  Looking back at everything that has happened in my life this year, I've realized that starting this blog was such a big milestone for me.  It's been (and continues to be) such a rewarding challenge; it's given me a hobby and mental break from the stress of school, it's brought me closer to my amazing friend and photographer Amber, and has allowed me to really develop and document my personal style.  It's been such a fun adventure, and I'm really looking forward to what 2012 has in store.  

In honor of the both the new year and the old, I've picked some of my favorites from my first three months (feels like longer than that, in a good way!) of blogging.

Favorite Casual Outfit

Every aspect of this outfit just kind of fell into place really effortlessly, which I loved.  I never realized just how chic I could feel while wearing an oversized men's shirt. 

Favorite Dressy Outfit  

I just love the vintage-y, 'pin-up chic' feel of the outfit.  And that trench is glorious.  Definitely one of my favorite items in my wardrobe.

Favorite Single Photo

Amber takes some amazing close ups of accessories and details in my outfits that are almost always my favorites from each post, but this one wins out.  The combination of the costume itself, the blindingly perfect light, the crispness of the photo, and the photoshop fun makes me absolutely obsessed with this picture.

Overall Favorite Post/Outfit/Shoot/Whole Shebang

This was the very first outfit we shot for the blog and the first post.  Let me tell you, just about every picture from that shoot turned out well.  It set very high standards for every other shoot we do.  I can't even explain the state of joy I was in after I hit "Publish" for the very first time.  I had been carrying the idea of starting a blog for a good, long while before I finally jumped in, and it was so very exciting finally seeing my idea come to life.  (This one is Amber's favorite, too!  She says a close second was New Shoes and No Sleep.)

Here's wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!  I hope that the year to come is everything you could possibly want and more.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous outfits! Especially love the first and last one! That red skirt is AMAZING!

    Xx

    http://chelseasgirl.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a lovely post :) all the best for 2012! xoxo, saskia

    ReplyDelete